Prov 15:31
He who listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. We have been fighting a debt for 8 years. We have disputed it in writing, we have called, we have paid anyway - just to resolve it, and still we wind up in court. At least, we thought, we will be able to hear their validation of the debt before a judge... have a chance to defend ourselves. But the law does not require from attorney-represented credit companies what it would require from us. We are left owing thousands, and quite defenseless. I have to remember that it is only money... that God owns ALL of the money in the world, and we have everything we need. Even if they stole everything we own, God would provide what we need. Maybe we should have hired an attorney. (Although we are still paying the last attorney that stole from us). Maybe that wouldn't have helped. In the end, our hope is in the Lord ONLY. Like my father, I am a bit of a wheeler-dealer. I love business, and making money, and the DEAL. I am learning, though, like Jacob in days of old, that I don't need to content with God... that the more I struggle against Him, the more out of joint I become. My best efforts cannot impress my Father in heaven, unless they are humble, faithful, and submitted to Him. My obedience and trust in Him, especially when things look bleak, garners his affection and his shield. Prov. 18:30 - God is a shield to those who trust in Him. So, all our vain struggle has taught us to pay up... there is plenty more where that came from. I just need to hear His voice, follow His lead, and render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. HE will supply.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment