Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it
might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for
you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly
I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may
rest upon me. —2 Corinthians 12:8–9
Have you ever asked the Lord for something and received the answer, "Trust me"? Lord, that is not the answer I was waiting for! As children, we want what we want when we want it. As grown-ups in the Christian life, we are learning to wait. To trust. To expect, but on HIS timetable. Paul was an amazing brother. He "gladly boasted" in his infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon him. I wouldn't have used those words for my own experience. He's a better man than I. I am only now learning to "put up with" my infirmities (I am nowhere near the 'boasting' in infirmities that my brother, Paul is.)
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word.
Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him, how I've proved Him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus. Oh for faith to trust Him more.
Oh Lord, help me to learn to trust you more.
Have you ever asked the Lord for something and received the answer, "Trust me"? Lord, that is not the answer I was waiting for! As children, we want what we want when we want it. As grown-ups in the Christian life, we are learning to wait. To trust. To expect, but on HIS timetable. Paul was an amazing brother. He "gladly boasted" in his infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon him. I wouldn't have used those words for my own experience. He's a better man than I. I am only now learning to "put up with" my infirmities (I am nowhere near the 'boasting' in infirmities that my brother, Paul is.)
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word.
Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him, how I've proved Him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus. Oh for faith to trust Him more.
Oh Lord, help me to learn to trust you more.

No comments:
Post a Comment