Friday, November 4, 2011

Proverbs 4:23-27 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.   Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.  Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.  Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. 


A good friend is killing herself this week.  That is a shocking statement, is it not?  But I know that she has been waiting for the means, which have just arrived.  She now has the resources to drink her pain away.  Why is it that family is not enough?  Why are friends not enough?  Why are our best efforts not enough to change her path... a path she has not only chosen, but repeatedly defended?  I refuse to give up.  I will continue, until her last breath (or mine-whichever comes first) to try to get her the help she needs.  


I have to wonder... if she had guarded her heart, would she be where she is today?  Maybe someone else stole from her.   Maybe she was deceived, as we all are in some way.  Did she ever know the prize that awaits her?  Does she, even now, know the treasure that SHE IS???  No, she does not.  No matter how many times we tell her, she will never believe it until she is secure in the arms of her savior... please, Lord, let that happen while she is still alive... let her know the great life that is available in YOU.  Show her, Lord, your goodness for  THIS life... the joy of knowing you, and that you have a plan.  "For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans for hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

King David wrote in Psalm 25:15-17,"My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare. 16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.


I should get going... I may have to break her door down to help her.  With a future this good, how can I let her go?  When the plans for her life are so filled with blessing, how can I give her up to such pain and torture when it may be in my power to help?  I can't.  I refuse to fail.  I will do battle for my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment