Monday, November 14, 2011
Supply and be supplied!
Prov.11:25
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. I find this verse fascinating. It goes against logic. The more one gives, the more one receives. As unlikely as it seems, I am benefiting from this principle even today. As I load a thousand pounds of food for the food pantry, unpack and store it, and give away another thousand pounds, I realize that I am surrounded by food I would not be able to afford without the Lord multiplying our meager donations. I don't buy top sirloin, but since I distribute top sirloin, I also get to eat it occasionally. Each and every week the Bread of Life Food Bank distributes 1,000 lbs of food to our community. All who help out also receive what we need, and I hope the recipients also pass on God's goodness. THAT is the way to extend a miracle... by keeping it going. Paying it forward. Enlarge the spout where the glory comes out. The more we give away, the more God gives us. Take that to the bank!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment